The Level 2 Award for Door Supervisors in the Private Security Industry (Top up)
is for existing Door Supervisors who wish to renew their licence.
The Security Industry Authority (SIA) has introduced a top up requirement for those
applying to renew their Door Supervisor licence – anyone wishing to renew their licence
from October 2021 must have achieved this qualification.
The Pearson Level 2 Award for Door Supervisors in the Private Security Industry (Top up)
is suitable for learners to:
• develop up to date knowledge and skills required to continue to work effectively and
safely as a door supervisor.
• continue to work as a licenced door supervisor
• achieve a licence to practise
• achieve a nationally-recognised Level 2 qualification
• develop own personal growth and engagement in learning
Learners should, as a minimum, have language skills in reading, writing, speaking and listening equivalent
to the following:
• A B2 Level qualification on the Home Office’s list of recognised English tests and qualifications.
• A B2 Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
• An ESOL qualification at (Level 1) on the Ofqual register taken in England, Wales or Northern Ireland.
• An ESOL qualification at Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework Level 5 awarded by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) and taken in Scotland.
• Functional Skills Level 1 in English.
• SQA Core Skills in Communication at Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework Level 5.
• Essential Skills Wales Communication Level 1
First Aid at work if you don’t have first aid at work training valid certificate you must need to registered yourself before the main course start.
you have to train on these three modules
1 Principles of Terror Threat Awareness in the Private Security Industry
2. Principles of Using Equipment as a Door Supervisor in the Private Security Industry
3. Application of Physical Intervention Skills in the Private Security Industry
Internal assessment of these three modules
all modules externally assessed ( exam base environment )