- Instructor: Course Admin
- Lectures: 7
- Students: 247
- Duration: 8 weeks
The Pearson Edexcel Functional Skills Qualifications in Mathematics atLevel 2 are for learners who want to develop understanding and skills in mathematics.
The qualifications give learners the opportunity to:
● demonstrate a sound grasp of the underpinning skills and basics of mathematical
skills appropriate to the level, and
● apply mathematical thinking to solve simple problems in familiar situations.
Qualifications aims and outcomes
Functional Skills mathematics qualifications at these levels should:
● indicate that students can demonstrate their ability in mathematical skills and their
ability to apply these, through appropriate reasoning and decision making, to solve
realistic problems of increasing complexity;
● introduce students to new areas of life and work so that they are exposed to
concepts and problems which, while not of immediate concern, may be of value in
later life; and
● enable students to develop an appreciation of the role played by mathematics in
the world of work and in life generally
No prior knowledge, understanding, skills or qualifications are required before learners register for this qualification.
Learners who achieve the Pearson Edexcel Functional Skills Qualification in
Mathematics at Levels 1 and 2 can progress to:
● further mandatory mathematical study, such as GCSE
● the workplace
● further vocational study
Externally set online exam:
Section A: Non-calculator 25 minutes
Section B: Calculator 1 hour 30 minutes
Exam only :
learner can book only exams. for this contact us.