CCTV Operators (Public Space Surveillance) in the Private Security Industry is for learners who are working as, or who are intending to work as, a CCTV Operator.
CCTV Operators (Public Space Surveillance) in the Private Security Industry is suitable for learners to:
- Develop knowledge related to the private security industry, including, the purpose of the industry, the functions of the regulator, governing legislation and the acceptable work practices, procedures and standard
- Develop technical knowledge underpinning the role, duties and responsibilities of a CCTV Operator. This covers areas such as CCTV codes of practice, operational procedures and guidelines, relevant legislation, emergency procedures and the importance of effective communication with third parties
- Develop their practical skills and their abilities in the functional aspects of the role, including, locating and tracking, lost contact drills and capturing images in the context of the CCTV
- Achieve a qualification to prepare for employment
- Achieve a licence to practise
- Achieve a nationally-recognised Level 2 qualification
- Develop own personal growth and engagement in learning.
Learners should, as a minimum, have language skills in reading, writing, speaking and listening equivalent to:
- A B2 Level qualification on the Home Office’s list of recognised English tests and qualifications
- A B2 Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
- An ESOL qualification at (Level 1) on the Ofqual register taken in England, Wales or Northern Ireland
- An ESOL qualification at Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework Level 5 awarded by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) and taken in Scotland
- Functional Skills Level 1 in English
- SQA Core Skills in Communication at Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework Level 5
- Essential Skills Wales Communication Level 1.
Learners who have achieved this qualification can progress to related security qualifications, should they wish to change career, such as the Pearson BTEC Level 2 Award for Security Officers in the Private Security Industry.
Total qualification time (TQT)
Guided learning hours (GLH)